1. It is important that the Contractor answers each and every question fully, with supporting document where required, as the responses shall be carefully examined.
2. The applicants must note that they may be called for an interview on some or all answers in the application form; and some of the responses may be physically verified.
3. The applicants must note that no individual, partnership or company shall be allowed to register as more than one electrical contracting business entity with the Lesotho Electricity Company; otherwise such applications will be disqualified.
4. The application form will not be considered if a valid Traders License and company registration certificate (in case of companies) are not attached.
5. It is mandatory for a Contractor to have a valid workman’s compensation and public liability insurance policies within a month of receiving appointment letter from LEC and these policies must be valid for the duration of the contract with LEC.
6. Resources listed on clause 7 are essential.
7. Any false information supplied in this form shall automatically disqualify the applicant.
8. The following conditions must be taken into account:
8.1 LEC will inspect Contractors’ personnel during implementation of jobs. Qualified staff members included/shown in the application forms must be seen on site during the works implementation and if such personnel are not found, the Contractor shall be automatically disqualified. If the personnel in the application form are no longer employed by the Contractor, LEC expects to be notified, in writing, of employment of another person with equivalent or higher qualifications and experience.
8.2 In the case of other business entities other than sole proprietor, a resolution of Board of Directors must be written to LEC specifying appointment/nomination of an electricity carter qualified personnel to implement LEC works.