Instructions to Contractors
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION AND CATEGORISATION OF ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS FOR THE YEAR 2017/19
GENERAL NOTE: INFORMATION SUPPLIED IN THE APPLICATION MUST, WHERE NECESSARY, BE ACCOMPANIED BY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS OTHERWISE NO POINTS WILL BE ALLOCATED.
1. All Contractors should submit their completed application forms in a neat manner (bind by spiral) to Procurement Office on or before 3rd February 2017 at 12:00 noon. Late applications will not be accepted
2. It is important that the Contractor answers each and every question fully, with supporting documents where required, as the responses shall be carefully examined.
3. The applicants must note that they may be called for an interview on some or all answers in the application form; and some of the responses may be physically verified.
4. The applicants must note that no individual, partnership or company shall be allowed to register more than one electrical contracting business entity with Lesotho Electricity Company; otherwise such applications will be disqualified.
5. The application form will not be considered if a valid Traders' License, Tax clearance certificate and company registration certificate (in case of companies) are not attached
6. It is mandatory for a Contractor to have a valid Workman's Compensation and Public Liability Insurance Policies within a month of receiving appointment letter from LEC and these policies must be valid for the duration of the contract with LEC.
7. Applications of Contractors who were employees of LEC and had been dismissed on grounds of illegal connections or tampering will not be considered.
8. Applications of Contractors whose previous contracts with LEC were terminated for any misconduct, illegal connections and tampering will not be considered.
9. Business entities or individuals who have previously been blacklisted are not eligible to apply and their applications will not be considered should they apply to be registered with LEC
10. Resources listed on clause 7are essential.
11. Any false information supplied in this form shall automatically disqualify the applicant.
12. The following conditions must be taken into account:
12.1 LEC will inspect Contractors’ personnel during
implementation of jobs. Qualified staff members included/shown in the
application forms must be seen on site during the works implementation and if
such personnel are not found, the Contractor shall be automatically
disqualified. If the personnel in the application form are no longer employed
by the Contractor, LEC expects to be notified, in writing, of employment of
another person with equivalent or higher qualifications and experience.
12.2 In the case of other business entities other
than sole proprietor, a resolution of Board of Directors must be written to LEC
specifying appointment/nomination of an electricity carter qualified personnel
to implement LEC works.